Blogs > Lighten Up with Craig

49-year-old Craig Deas, of Perry, hopes to improve his health and stamina as he spends his life in the public eye as part of his role as play-by-play announcer for the Lake County Captains.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Roll Over on Your Left Side Please

Well the first week is almost in the books.  Looks like I have started the trend downward in my weight.  Nothing crazy but certainly headed in the right direction.  Walked several times this week and really watched what I was eating and my beverage in take.  I've read half of Jaime 's book and it's great.  Very common sense and very upbeat. 

 

So when you take on something like this at my ripe old age of 49, you wonder if your body can take the added exercise.  I became very ill a few years back and I wanted to make sure if I was going to do this I had all the facts straight about where my body was in regards to blood work, cholesterol, blood pressure etc.  So I scheduled a physical with my doctor.  Went and had it Thursday.  Great timing with this process just underway.  All the results came back good, which was stunning.  I guess I'm healthier than I thought or felt. 

 

This where the title of the blog will be explained.  When you are a male and get to be close to 50 there is one more test that you shoud take.  As I waited for the doctor to arrive in the examination room it became apparent to me that this was getting done whether I asked for it or not.  Everything that was necessary for this procedure excpet the doctors fingers were on the table in the room.  Staring me down as the clocked ticked away waiting his arrival.  Because of where I was seated, there was no escaping it.  So the Doctor comes in and goes through all the other things you do in physical, reviews my test results and then says "roll over on your left side please."  I must say that for the 15 seconds it took to get the piece of mind it gave me, it was GREAT!  Well  maybe not great, good.  Let's use good.  I've had guys my age tell me when I was younger that you need to do this.  Now it's my turn.  Get it done.  It's 15 seconds that could save your life.  The only question is that after this encounter, do I need to send the Doctor flowers or candy?  Will he be upset that I haven't called him back?  Questions to ponder.  Have a great week.              

4 Comments:

Anonymous Gina said...

Flowers...definitely flowers.

February 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you lots of success, Craig. I did the contest in 2010 and it was one of the best experiences in my life. It's indeed a struggle, but the great part is you have a great group of people going along with you on it.
Jaime is a great inspiration to everyone. It doesn't really matter who "Wins" the contest, because in the end .......everyone wins. Again, good luck and I will be looking forward to reading your blogs.

Sue Billhardt

February 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You failed to mention the 'snap' of the rubber as the doctor gloves his hand in pale tan latex....

February 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM 
Anonymous strick said...

dinner and a movie would have been nice first

February 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home