Blogs > Lighten Up with Craig

49-year-old Craig Deas, of Perry, hopes to improve his health and stamina as he spends his life in the public eye as part of his role as play-by-play announcer for the Lake County Captains.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

So Far, So Good

About 10 days into this and doing pretty well.  Down 7 pounds.  Spending time after work walking around the concourse here at the stadium and also walking up and down the stairs in the seating bowl.  It’s been pretty cold but it feels good to be outside.  Eating has been going well and my adult beverage intake is down.  No more snacking in the evening and trying to not eat anything after 8PM or so.  That has translated into this good start.

 

Found a web site thanks to my Rotary mate Craig deFasselle that helps track calories and logs everything you eat and the exercise you do.  It’s called loseit.com.  Very nice the way it organizes all you are doing.  My target intake is a little under 1600 calories per day.  This was based on my starting weight of 233 lbs. and the desire to lose 2 pounds per week.  It does all the calculations for you.  Yesterday, thanks to an evening apple, I went over by 30 calories for the only time this week.  I leave for spring training in a month and am excited to see the progress I will have made by then.    

 

Looks like I have room for a hot dog and a couple of beers when I hit the CSU Viking basketball game tonight.  Still having some treats like this but in moderation.  What a concept.  Zero guilt.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home