Blogs > Lighten Up with Craig

49-year-old Craig Deas, of Perry, hopes to improve his health and stamina as he spends his life in the public eye as part of his role as play-by-play announcer for the Lake County Captains.

Friday, March 30, 2012

We Interrupt This Family for the Baseball Season

Tomorrow is the big day.  Fantasy baseball draft day....I mean weigh in day.  I hope to be down 15 lbs.  We'll see how that goes.  Should be right there based on the way the scale at the house has been acting.  It is fantasy baseball draft day also.  It's either 18 or 19 years we've been doing this, long before it was fashionable.  Always look forward to this day.  Usually eating food that is not good for you and beer way too early.  Not tomorrow.  I plan to stay on the straight and narrow then head to the weigh in.  If all goes well my wife Gina and I will have a nice dinner tomorrow as it's the last supper.  The last supper before I go head first into the baseball season.  The team comes on Sunday and that signals the end of a some what normal home life.  We have a sign in our family room that reads " We Interrupt This Family For The Baseball Season".  That starts Sunday but hopefully I'll be thinner when this season starts.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home