Blogs > Lighten Up with Craig

49-year-old Craig Deas, of Perry, hopes to improve his health and stamina as he spends his life in the public eye as part of his role as play-by-play announcer for the Lake County Captains.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Last Notch on the Belt

 

The first home stand has come and gone and I did not stray from the game plan.  Had salads with grilled chicken for most lunches and the girls in the kitchen next to my radio booth made me two chicken breasts with a bowl of fruit for dinner every night.  After the game they put out a meal for the players in the clubhouse.  I would usually indulge in that but have not had anything but a handful of fruit on one occasion.  Not snacking during the day here has been huge.  All three of my belts are down to the last notch unless I’m wearing pants that are a little too big and all the material bunches up causing me to use a larger notch.  The last three days the unofficial scale in my office has me at 215, down 18.  With a week to go before the weight in, I’d taker that weight next week.  Hopefully it will be less.  But I’m pretty comfortable in saying that I’m more than half way to the goal with more than half of the contest left.  Now if we can get the Captains to win a game, that might be the biggest challenge right now!      

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Limber Joe said...

Pretty soon, you'll be down to your playing weight! Hows the arm? If you need someone to cover you in the booth during the home-half each inning, I'm there!

April 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice job!

April 22, 2012 at 8:09 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home